The sports physiotherapists strive to optimize injury assessment, management and athlete recovery. They work closely together with experts for injury prevention, return-to-sports and performance, treating physicians and other care providers, in order to ensure an optimal return-to-participation, and seek to respond to the specific needs of the athletes and their sporting environment.
1. In case of injury
- Immediate processing and management of urgent demands for physiotherapy services
- Provision of a functional evaluation tailored to the athlete’s injury
- Rehabilitation of acute and overload injuries and after orthopaedic surgery through exercise, manual therapy and soft tissue therapy
- Carrying out regular musculoskeletal, sport and discipline specific evaluations (as part of the annual sports medical examination)
- Implementation of suited recovery strategies for the athlete.
3. Summary of available evaluation tools
- Isokinetic & isometric strength tests
- 2D motion analysis
- Mobility, flexibility & balance tests